HELPING NEWCOMERS SUCCEED
Abbotsford Local Immigration Partnership Council embraces diversity. With 26% of residents born outside of Canada and more than 50 languages spoken within the region, we’ve got a vibrant culture. Together we can help newcomers work, live and engage as active citizens, building stronger communities and businesses for everyone.
The Abbotsford Local Immigration Partnership Council is growing. It needs members for a new Immigrant Advisory Table.
What does the Abbotsford Local Immigration Partnership Council do?
- It improves Abbotsford’s ability to welcome immigrants
- It helps newcomers become a part of the city. This improves their economic, social and political participation and outcomes
- It brings different people and organizations together. This group can provide education, resources and support to achieve common goals.
The Immigrant Advisory Table is a group of immigrants and refugees in Abbotsford brought together by Abbotsford Community Services.
As a Member of the Immigrant Advisory Table, you will:
- Help advise current and future strategic directions related to immigration outcomes
- Provide insight and information to the Abbotsford Local Immigration Partnership Council
- Advise working groups on activities: events, community consultations, and research
- Make sure a variety of ethno-cultural communities are involved with the work.
We are looking to recruit members for the Immigrant Advisory Table for a 2 year commitment. This is a voluntary position. It is not a paid position.
- Commit for 2 years
- Born outside of Canada
- Current Resident of Abbotsford
There are limited number seats on the Immigrant Advisory Table. Unfortunately, not all applicants will be accepted. Applicant’s diverse backgrounds will be taken into consideration. We want to form a well-represented Immigrant Advisory Table (ex. a variety of language(s), country of origin, age, ability, education, skills, profession, and immigration category, length of time in Canada, religion, and gender). However, all applications will be kept on file and applicants may be contacted in the future as seats become available.
For Further information, please contact the Diversity Education Program,
DiversityEducation@AbbotsfordCommunityServices.com or 604.859.7681 local 270.
Do you know the various backgrounds of our latest community memebers ?